Visical Phideo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

money, success, fame, glamour

2 posters

Go down

money, success, fame, glamour Empty money, success, fame, glamour

Post  rachel Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:16 am

we are living in the age of the thing

i havent really been sure how to address this but i don't think being in the rock and roll hall of fame needs to be an obvious end goal. im not good with words but when i saw this everything made sense

why be famous when you could be this?

i know we all want to make stuff we're proud of. but sometimes fred, i wonder if your self is directly connected to a nielsen box or something. i mean i wouldnt be surprised because i think i once said you were basically all the good and bad of pop culture with arms and legs and a vengeance or something but yeah. i think i have enough faith in our combined aesthetics (and enough faith in james to be nice to us when we dont know what the hell we're doing) that i think if we really just open ourselves up and gooey gross raw and not be afraid of people thinking it sucks then there is a chance that it will not suck. here is what it would be like if we just opened up completely but did not have the aesthetic/technical stuff down:

and here is what it would be like if we just made stuff to kill time and had no idea what we were doing

OH BURN. but yeah. this is why im talking about this though, i feel after all this time we're all almost charged to optimal levels if each with our own personal blocks. my biggest failure is technical laziness with songwriting/execution and ridiculously horrible artsty moodiness/inertia. in general. that covers a lot of stuff in the big picture. i think my strength is that i have good ideas, but i might be biased.

i think james is pretty well rounded at this point but probably also biased. i guess a couple months ago i remember sort of wondering to myself where it was that you came from with stuff. like, you had the chops and the songwriting skills, but was it from an inside place or were they just cool things you happened on? i think the apex of thinking like that was when i heard the lyrics on earlier deja vu, "stoned". but then you started writing more lyrics as it went on and by the time you got to wishful thinking you were totally on point. i think what you need is to know that fred and i are dedicated/able to do this for you to go on, i know you dont want to shoulder this all by yourself

i feel like fred's strength to this is could be the fuel we need to sort of get in gear. i literally mean fuel, you sort of have this manic energy and liveliness when it comes to projects your soul is really in. you can convey a lot of emotion in a one off demo take than i ever could. i think james and i could both use that. and it will counterract my natural drag factor. your new stuff is sounding really good and a lot more raw which is good. which is why i dont understand why you want to be the richard simmons of music. you dont have to be, you dont need to be a big gay joke to have people appreciate you. even if you are currently a big gay joke without anyone appreciating you. i don't know, all i can say is keep it up

so yeah, i think we should write what we all think are our strengths and weaknesses and how we can work off of each other to improve things and get going. we dont have to be revolutionary. you can be, but only if you really really mean it

and no one lives the revolution like rob

rachel
rachel
Juggalo Princess
Juggalo Princess

Back to top Go down

money, success, fame, glamour Empty Re: money, success, fame, glamour

Post  James Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:09 pm

James
James
Abbazabba, you're my only friend
Abbazabba, you're my only friend