Visical Phideo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAGING ALL GAYBIRDS

3 posters

Go down

PAGING ALL GAYBIRDS Empty PAGING ALL GAYBIRDS

Post  rachel Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:09 am

okay i'm first off going to admit what we all know, i'm more of a good musical idea person rather than a song structure/playing instruments/execution/important stuff. so while my recording stuff is on hiatus i wrote something that i think would be up both your alleys but the catch is it's all in midi form right now ohhh.

so i want both of you to take this and turn it into something. the high part (first midi track) is vocals, and yeah there should be a double harmony part there in the chorus, don't care who they are out of all of us. i was thinking it could be some fast paced crazy industrial guitary kinda thing which is why i'm putting it here (all things i suck at making). i think a cool super fast beat could be awesome, play it with the metronome on for reference i guess.

anyway i hope you guys can make this into a fun magic party. if you need any keyboards/vocals/help later on i am here but for now have fun

it's in the main directory as "zeus.mid"
rachel
rachel
Juggalo Princess
Juggalo Princess

Back to top Go down

PAGING ALL GAYBIRDS Empty Re: PAGING ALL GAYBIRDS

Post  frezericks Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:44 am

i really want to work on three part harmonies. i put up "all the same" for that. i wanna hear what that sounds like, and we should do that for this.

and rachel, your ear for blending sounds is far more useful and powerful than any knowledge of pythagorean scales or shit. just, please be able to play live, and sing. i hope that's the direction were moving in.
frezericks
frezericks
Texas Toast
Texas Toast

Back to top Go down

Post  frezericks Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:35 am

how do you tell what are good songs or not? lots of contrast compare? do you feel it? hear it? is there another sense for it? i feel like sometimes i enjoy songs for different reasons and i lose sight of what is actually the better song.

is there a machine i can run songs through and get grades on?
frezericks
frezericks
Texas Toast
Texas Toast

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:31 pm

the mood shifts in zeus kinda give me the idea to do something with split personality disorder like the dessert sessions "couvasier"
James
James
Abbazabba, you're my only friend

https://ihatecoleslaw.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  James Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:31 pm

also, rachel why does everything you make end in the middle of a phrase
James
James