Visical Phideo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the notion of a "concept album"/rock opera has struck me

3 posters

Go down

the notion of a "concept album"/rock opera has struck me Empty the notion of a "concept album"/rock opera has struck me

Post  James Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:43 pm

1. i definitely do not want to have any kind of shitty neo-manson forced concept album bullshit

2. however, i have noticed a certain pattern in the songs we've been working on. the songs that really stand out (marco/ear/letting go/everytime/joy/overture/all the same...) all have a certain personal touch to them. i think even if we didn't go ahead and try to give it a specific story arc, we'd still have an album that appears to be the journal of some character that's an amalgamation of the three of us. let me elaborate:

marco - introduces alienated protagonist

ear - protagonist is betrayed? i really cant tell what fred is talking about but thats kinda what it feels like

letting go - protagonist pushes away those close to him (perhaps gf/bf), i think this could be portrayed as a defence mechanism

everytime - regret for letting go

joy - disillusionment, acceptance of hedonism

overture - turning point in protagonist where he realizes potential or something

all the same - this one i could see in two spots, if we want a happy ending it can be the resolution, but if we want a sad ending we can put it earlier before letting go

again, this is just my interpretation of the songs we already have as they are. they just seem to be hinting at this larger picture. i don't think it would take that much nudging to conform the whole thing to a story arc, it may even be good to give ourselves restraints within to work. just throwing this out there
James
James
Abbazabba, you're my only friend

https://ihatecoleslaw.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

the notion of a "concept album"/rock opera has struck me Empty Re: the notion of a "concept album"/rock opera has struck me

Post  rachel Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:44 pm

i don't have much time right now but i have enough to stop in and say noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
rachel
rachel
Juggalo Princess
Juggalo Princess

Back to top Go down

the notion of a "concept album"/rock opera has struck me Empty Re: the notion of a "concept album"/rock opera has struck me

Post  James Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:55 pm

baha! now i have your attention!
James
James

Back to top Go down

Post  frezericks Thu May 06, 2010 3:33 pm

i know rachel will refuse any concept that alters the shoegaze paradigm.

that said, i have no opinion on this because it doesn't exist yet. if it sounds good that'd be cool. but i'll reserve my judgement for that time.
frezericks
frezericks
Texas Toast
Texas Toast

Back to top Go down

Post  James Sat May 15, 2010 1:26 pm

i have another dumb idea

in the spirit of physical video, wanna come up with suitable titles for all the songs, and then use ridiculous annagrammed ones?

yeah you do.

let the time wasting begin!
James
James

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum